View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
karotZ
Track Member

Drives: on empty tank of gas
karotZ is just really nicekarotZ is just really nicekarotZ is just really nicekarotZ is just really nicekarotZ is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSchultz83 View Post
it is definitely not a hissing sound, nor is it the noise of metal hitting metal. It literally sounds like my car is choking on something - sounds like a thick liquidy gurgle. I drove around the block with a Nissan representative and we were able to reproduce the sound more than once.

I also should've mentioned that this only happens when I am going from a stopping position to a slow start (like, in traffic). Doesn't usually happen first thing in the morning. Also, I live in Boston where it isnt usually too hot so it isnt an overheating thing either.
How much mileage the vehicle has? Check your mileage and look at the owner's manual.
Ensure that the dealership has done all the necessary fluid changes like transmission flush,
differential flush, etc based on your car's mileage and ask them any paperwork that shows
proof that they actually did it.

No one knows what is exactly is going on, but everything can be put into consideration
right now because its safe to assume that that farting noise may transform into a bigger
headache.

Things I would personally consider if I were on your shoes: differential oil turned into mud,
engine oil turned into mud, cat converter failed, or worse, someone has stuffed something
in your exhaust.