View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 03:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
mults
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 (40th) #706
mults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSchultz83 View Post
Hey all So exciting to own a 2009 370 Z!! It's been my dream car for as long as I can remember, can't believe it's finally mine. I've had the car for about 8 months now and it just started having a noise issue that I was hoping someone could help me out with. The local Nissan dealership had no answers (which was upsetting, since I bought it Certified pre-owned).

When I am stopped in traffic and put my foot on the gas to move slowly forward, I hear a horrible farting noise that sounds like it should be eminating from a 1992 truck and not my perfect little Z. It goes away after 3 or 4 seconds. It happens about 30% of the time that I am going from stop to start. It sounds like a nasty chug-a-lug sound of a car that is about to die. Other than the noise, there are no complaints. My car is otherwise perfect. It drives and handles great.

Nissan suggested the previous owner did not use premium gas and it probably has a build-up of something that will eventually work itself out as long as I continue to fill up with premium. A friend suggested I dump Techron into the tank before my next re-fill. I have ONLY been using premium 93 gas, I'm not sure how this happened now and not 8 months ago if it were the fault of the previous owner.

This has been an ongoing issue for the past 6 weeks and I would love hearing someone else's opinion! Any suggestions?
Is the car an automatic and where does the "farting noise" sound like it is coming from (tailpipe, under the hood, person in the passenger seat (sorry, couldn't resist?))

Does the car shudder at all like it is going to stall, and do you see the RPMs fall at all?

A lot of questions, but I am only trying to help narrow down the possibilites.
Build Date/Number: 1/27/2010 #706
Berk HFC + CBE, R2C CAI, Clear Bra, Cleveland Z Club
mults is offline   Reply With Quote