View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 09:33 AM   #32 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon-fresh View Post
No, it really isn't. That's why people are "up in arms", they are charging 500k for something that isn't nearly bad *** enough.
Are you nuts? Who cares about the price tag...$600,000, $100,000....that's not the point of this car. It has the insanely high price tag because it's not a mass produced car. If the GT-R was limited to less than 20 in the overall production, you'd see the price tag reflect that too. The amount of R & D and actual work involved is staggering. To honestly be a car enthusiast and not appreciate that this exist is kind of sad. It's a niche product and not meant to dominate every supercar on the planet. It's an experiment into the "what if"...and the Nissan chose to produce a very limited amount because there was an interest. There's no need to whine about it because it cost to much. It's just a matter of perspective. Check out the Gooding & Company or the RM Auctions and you'll see what I mean. A GT-R might be expensive or fairly priced to you, but bargin basement to a multi-billionaire. I've driven a Gallardo, which is an amazing machine, and it hardly "feels" the price tag when you're actually sitting inside one. My point is, you gotta take projects like this with a grain of salt and a sense of humor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhenderson View Post
Did you see the "American Muscle" episode where they got over 1000hp out of a Nissan cube and then slapped a GT-R wing on the back of it? If you haven't, you should.
Lame

Last edited by Cmike2780; 08-27-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote