View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 05:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
chknhawk
Track Member

Drives: Like a batouttahell!
chknhawk will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to chknhawk

Personally, i wouldnt do a car pc...just because i know how pc's are and they are slow. I dont think you will be satisfied with the performance. I would have to agree that a straight 7 in screen with a bezel would fit the cubby just fine. I had a 7 inch amdroid tablet that would fit nicely in the open cubby so im sure a little cutting and modding would take care of it. I recommend you look up android in dash receiver on you tube to give you some ideas. There are a couple on there that are really nice... o saw a suburban and a porsche that both looked really well done. I bought a chinese in dash with removable tablet for 400 off ebay and i love it. It is not the best unit in the world but they are starting to become better as time passes. Even if you just got a tablet and made a dock for it i think you would be pretty happy with the functionality. Obd2 is also already built as an app so all you would need is a bluetoothe or wifi connector fo the car to make it fully functional. Just some thoughts....but pc......not on my watch.

Sent from XPARENT TAPATALK on my ATRIX 2!
2012 Base/Sport | 5% | Black emblems | touchscreen nav