View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #133 (permalink)
bucknakedru
Base Member

Drives: Silver 370Z
bucknakedru is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshirecat View Post
Do you have the paperwork from the previous replacement? I'd like to know the part number of what they replaced. It should be the same as what has been listed in this thread over the last few pages.

I've heard of people getting a replacement ECM that's the old version and not the new, revised version without the whining capacitor.
It ends with 'B'. So I called the dealer on my way home from work and he said to just bring it in.

When I arrived, my original service advisor looked confused and asked why I was there. After I explained that the noise was back he said the tech that works on the 370's was off that day. I told him that I just spoke to someone who said to just bring it in. So to save face I guess, the service advisor took it upon himself to investigate the noise issue as well as two other "advisors" because they had nothing better to do.

So after briefly sitting in the car (in the garage w/windows down), one of the other "advisors" asked to get another 370 and pull it up and see if they could here it in that one to see if it was normal. So they pulled up a brand new 2012, while I explained that to my knowledge it only affected 09's and that either way I cannot tolerate the noise even if it is what they consider 'normal'.

They gave up and I am dropping the car off so the mechanic can look at it. I am also going to tell them again about the part numbers now that I have the exact ones.

Last edited by bucknakedru; 08-26-2012 at 10:21 PM.
bucknakedru is offline   Reply With Quote