Thread: S&R
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #48 (permalink)
Mr.Squeeze
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z
Mr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANMVQ View Post
Hey Coop thanx man, For the info, I is fully welded on the but there is a gap between the two peices, I mean trust me I did not expect it to be "perfect" Because it is the first one. But I have had parts customed before," Air intake for my old EVO 8" Bill at DSG made it for me and I was the only one to ever run it, An it looked 100% better than this, The things that really bug me are the spaces on the inside where the MAF's would sit, the gap where the 2 arms meet and the huge mound of a weld, The interior of the intake should be smooth no? Imperfections will cause turbulence wont they? Plus on the outside the MAF housing are slanted? So the MAF would sit slanted on the pipe , Wont that affect the air readings? Things I want to understand. I know being the first and having this made "Special " for you or your car take time and can be a trial and error , But it just seems this went off from the start. Like I said before I'm sure Bobby is great, But some otheres have to help him out.

This is all part of doing a custom job put the intake on and test it on the dyno.Leave the front bumper off and test between the two intakes that one and the Stillen one.

I am with Coop on this one as well on this one.

I wasted more thant the $170 that you just spent on that one intake on Cog pulleys and belt's trying to figure out the correct combo. Now you have the correct Cog combo and belt combo through trial and error by me. Basically what I am trying to say is things might not work out the first time the way you want them to.

I really hope thing's work out for you but if you didnt think you was going to have a few bumps in the road , then you might want to stop right now and leave the kit as is.