View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 05:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Dee@Amplified
Banned

Drives: MB Base 6MT w/Sport
Dee@Amplified is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
Been looking into this and other systems like it, my question is though. Will it look better or worse if you set the screen into the cubby to mimic how the stock navigation screen sits? Then you do not need the filler piece around the 7" screen.
Honestly when we were originally figuring out how we were going to accomplish the second screen, we thought of that too. Trying that out we determined it looks alot better this way. It just sat so much cleaner looking like it was there intentionally, plus with that piece it makes the whole thing flush with the dash. It looks a little bit strange sitting within the cubby, but we could do a custom setup like that if you are interested more in a design like that. It really depends on your taste and personal preference, and since it sits higher its nicer than the OEM Navagation if you did it higher, its more visible and easier to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssqpolo View Post
that is very cool. how accurate are the hp/tq
In all honesty the HP/TQ Numbers would be relative since it is basing the numbers on the various sensors around the car. The most reliable and accurate way of determining HP and TQ is to physically dyno it on a GOOD Dyno. Magden is used primarily for monitoring your engine, its faster and more responsive than the HKS CAMP system, since it utilizes a number of sensors all over the car. Its a more technical way of displaying gauges, and you can program it to show many different types of sensors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_S View Post
To answer my own question, it looks like the Performance Computer is a piece of purpose built hardware so I will probably have to look elsewhere for some software on the PC.

Is the $400 quoted for parts only or fitted BTW? Would you supply the mounting kit separately?

Personally, I think the way it's done here looks better. Also, because it's not set back into the dash so you can make full full use of the touch screen.

I want one and I don't even have the car yet!
We can supply a mounting kit if you are over seas, we could base the kit off of our 370z and send it as a unit to you with instructions on how to install it you would get all the parts you need to install, although i need to talk to my tech to confirm if we would need anything from your 370 to make a full kit. If you were a local that price includes custom fab of the parts you need and installation onto the vehicle. As for the Carputer any basic OS will work, and the cool thing about this screen is its a touch screen so you dont need a mouse, you just have to program your OS, such as windows to work with the touch screen.

I hope this helps you guys out, and if you have anymore questions keep them coming, ill be glad to help you guys out with whatever question you have, related to this or anything in general about the 370z and parts.

Last edited by Dee@Amplified; 09-07-2009 at 05:50 AM.