View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #17 (permalink)
SailFree
Base Member

Drives: 12 370Z GM 7ATS NavS
SailFree is on a distinguished road
Default Good Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKhan View Post
Hey everyone! I just purchased my 2012 Nissan 370z Gun metallic grey base model. Did all the paperwork and just awaiting my dealer to get my car from another one of their dealerships. I'm really excited to pick it up this weekend! Any tips or suggestions for the vehicle would be great! Thank you,
1) Got same color Z in April. It's been most fun auto I ever had, and quite the most comfortable sports car I've owned. Road noise doesn't bother me--I'm half-deaf anyway, howitzers and stuff in Vietnam.

2) Probably wise to get the dealer-applied paint protection. Helped my Infiniti 2004 keep its paint looking quite good for 8 years till I sold it.

3) Check to make sure the long-term storage switch is PUSHED IN! My dealer left it out, and so I had to reset all the electronics, AC temp setting, etc., every time I restarted. And the dealership DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THIS SWITCH WAS THERE IN THE DRIVER'S SIDE FUSE BOX. Took me a little research to find the problem and solve it. Dealer was no help. I've heard some people were told "that's the way the AC is supposed to work!"

It's a funny little white plastic gadget about the middle of the fuse array. Also couldn't set the garage-door openers on the mirror when it was pulled out.

4) Don't hold same speed all the time, and don't be afraid to use the throttle off and on. Helps the break-in.

5) Once broken in, 4000 miles plus, I would switch to synthetic oil.

6) Leave the Vehicle Dynamic Control on till you get used to the horsepower--unless you've had rear-wheel high powered autos all along.

7) I've had no oil temp problems on long drive through Virginia, Pennsylvania, and southern Ohio mountains.

Welcome to the club!

Last edited by SailFree; 08-25-2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Added info
SailFree is offline   Reply With Quote