View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 05:01 PM   #54 (permalink)
Redglare
Enthusiast Member

Drives: C172 Skyhawk GIII
Redglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBladeZ View Post
I doubt changes to the new Z will effect the Z's value in any way other than negatively. The question is will Nissan target BR-Z buyers or as they do with the GT-R buyers who want superior performance for a lot less money.

I'm leaning toward the first which may not be a bad idea. A well engineering turbo'd 4cyl will put out more than the vq37 especially when factors such as direct injection are taken into account. Making the Z even lighter (sub 3000) pounds and keeping it at 300+ hp will give us a car that is lighter, faster and has more potential than the 370z.

Sell now guys, if you aren't going TT or S/C sell now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelidat View Post
i wouldn't say a turbo 4, 300+ hp, sub 3000 lb Z would be targeting the BRZ
I partially agree, if the Z trend continues (and I am sure it will) then the current gen Z will take a big hit just like the 07-08 Z (especially used market) did when the 09 370 came out.

I don't think nissan will target the brz market, I they will still target the same market but make the car more competitive to similar priced coupes, the idea of a 3,000 lbs + 300hp sounds more plausible, it would be icing on the cake if the hp was 350 or higher.

At the end of the day we all win, the Z will be iconic again.
Redglare is offline   Reply With Quote