View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Scribe
Base Member

Drives: Touring-Sport-Manual
Scribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond reputeScribe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleBucket View Post
Nothing showed up on the link?

Well, it's not something that would be done RIGHT now, but definitely in the future. I'd want 100% stock Nissan materials, and for matching sake, I'd probably have to send you both of my inserts (even though I only need the one), which would cost more dough. That's why I was looking directly into Nissan parts.

I've seen your work, it's top notch. But if it's even the slightest off, it would bother me. Unless you have the exact material they use? Either way, I appreciate the response
I don't believe that the suede on the door inserts, in that form (solid) is found anywhere else in the interior, so matching other parts of the interior isn't an issue. Replacing it with the same stuff guarantees you will be doing it again in a couple years.

You have to remember, when the bean counters (accountants) at Nissan win, we get cheap stuff. Just because it's OEM doesn't mean it's better, otherwise we wouldn't modify anything on our car but just keep replacing stock parts.

Here are some other places they skimped that you probably wouldn't take issue with replacing with non-Nissan parts:

1. The exhaust is too quiet and chokes the engine at high rpm, but Nissan thinks the car won't sell if it is louder than stock (we lose). Also, it's not made of stainless, so it will eventually rust.

2. Most people won't care that their oil cooks during daily driving or drive their car hard enough to notice, so they skimp on an oil cooler (or leave it completely out for a couple years).

They do this to save money. If you want something better, get something better. If not, then the dealership and Nissan will gladly take your money.

Last edited by Scribe; 08-24-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote