View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #29 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by takjak2 View Post
You don't want to put too much tire onto a skinny wheel; ie 275s (275mm=10.8 inches) on the 8" front base wheels. They won't be well supported and will roll over the rim more easily. Best case is terrible camber wear on the outsides.

265/285 on nismo wheels is almost neutral and without a good camber option on the front is the best I could do for wear right now. The primary function of a square setup is to allow you to rotate tires front to rear to even out wear. To do that effectively means using the same size wheels front and back, which then calls for spacers in the rear. In the meantime you are giving up potential grip by not running larger rears. The Z is blessed with an excellent capacity for MOAR TIRE. With stock weight distribution and plenty of power to put down I don't see the major appeal of matching front to back.

tldr Beef up the fronts, but keeping a stagger will see the best performance.
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I'd be running a set of 4 base rear wheels, which are 18x9 and 275's fit just fine on them. I had 275's on my last set of rears and they were fine. I could also do the same wheel setup with 265 F and 275 R for a little bit of stagger without fitment issues (assuming I can't just fit 275's up front).

Also, sorry for hijacking your thread Craig. You could probably make use of all this information too since you're also running the base wheels. I can start a separate thread for this discussion if you like.

Last edited by b1adesofcha0s; 08-24-2012 at 12:03 PM.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote