View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 05:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
BlackBullet
Base Member

Drives: 03 Best Car Ever
BlackBullet is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Educ8r View Post
I never buy a car expecting the gas mileage posted on the sticker. As of now the car is averaging 18 as stated by Nissan. The dealership did fill the tank. If I were worried about MPG I would have purchased a HONDA CIVIC.

As stated in an earlier post, I live in city with 2.2 million people, in traffic there is constant braking. Oh yeah and I'm not afraid to go the speed limit. When the car is broken in and it still averages 18 MPG I'm cool with that, if it doesn't I'm cool with that too.
Well, I never went into the "If I worried about MPG" debate. I'm just saying that as of now, your mpg is bad considering what Nissan claim. Not cars in general. However, there are members suggesting the break in period, which I guess you'll find out about your true mpg later down the road. For the driving part, you first said 20+ freeway miles. Now it's constant braking, 2.2 million traffic?

If in fact that the mpg does not improve, then we get to the issue of what you expect from the mpg quote of the manufacture. If the number in real life is different than claimed, then its called faults ad. Just like what RX-8 did with the hp rating. They gave money back to buyers. The fact sheet is what it is. The fact. Now I know that mileage may vary, but like I said before, the number as of right now is below average (not that good) based on the claimed number. Since your added stop-n-go freeway mileage, then i guess it changes my end a little on the mpg.

Last edited by BlackBullet; 01-11-2009 at 05:32 PM.
BlackBullet is offline   Reply With Quote