Thread: EFR Turbos
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #22 (permalink)
MyKindaGuise
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11' 370z Sprt M6
MyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant futureMyKindaGuise has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSA0890 View Post
I did the matchbot and you were right there is no good match for a single turbo. The 6758 is about as close to perfect as you will probably get for twins though. It sucks not being able to put more boost through this motor. Im used to running 25-30psi through my old Cobalt
Hey all, Been a busy past two days between work and then dealing with this stuff.

Anyways we heard back from Full Race about the turbos...

They have recommended us to use the 6258's over the 6758's. We are still deciding on which way to go though... The 6258's will pretty much be instant spool on the VQ however they will be limited slightly as we approach redline. The power will taper off around 7100rpms if our math is right. Redline is also going to be at 8000rpms so we really have to be sure with our choice here. These are also good for applications up to 900whp. The 6758's will spool a little later but have power throughout the entire powerband. These are good for up to 1000hp. I like my instant low end power compared to top end so I am leaning towards the 6258's.lol I will post the email that I had from Raffi at full race with more details on these turbos.

He also explained the first run turbo issues and how they fixed them and why they have not gone public yet.

Basically the issue is certainly fixed. They used too weak of an alloy for the fusion bond performed on the turbine wheel and the shaft. They have since found a way to physically bond the two together giving it stability and reliabiltiy. They have gone through alot of testing since then, including running them on the Izod indy car this year. So torture tests have been quite thorough
Anyways he included many details on how all this was done but will not publicly post as they do not want other vendors getting in on this actions.

I am more now than ever completely confident in my future purchase from Full Race.

Also my buddy has done some drafting and he has atleast two ways that we will be able to fit these bad boys in there and do a twin top mount turbo

There is a slight issue however...Since we do not have physically models to play we cannot be certain but the hood may not have enough clearance over the turbos. Will keep you guys posted though. Even doing hard measurements it is hard to see how everything will sit exactly when fully hooked up.

Last edited by MyKindaGuise; 08-23-2012 at 09:57 AM.
MyKindaGuise is offline   Reply With Quote