View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 04:11 PM   #35 (permalink)
Supergoji
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Z32tt / Supra tt
Supergoji has a reputation beyond reputeSupergoji has a reputation beyond reputeSupergoji has a reputation beyond reputeSupergoji has a reputation beyond reputeSupergoji has a reputation beyond reputeSupergoji has a reputation beyond reputeSupergoji has a reputation beyond reputeSupergoji has a reputation beyond reputeSupergoji has a reputation beyond reputeSupergoji has a reputation beyond reputeSupergoji has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Supergoji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
HIGHLY doubtful it will reach 185. MAYBE it might get to 170-175. My stock Trans Am put a LOT more power and torque down, weighed a hair over 3500 and was pretty aerodynamic for a muscle car. It'd get to about 180 before drag stopped it from pulling. We're talking at least 40HP and 90Lbs of torque more than the stock 370. Once the car got better gears and stuff, I was putting down about 15% more torque. Still limited to about 183. If I'd gotten the long-tubes, full exhaust, better intake and a tune, I may have gotten it to 190.
your car also had a V8 which makes it easier to reach higher speeds

the current 911 base model carrera reaches 180mph with 345hp.
so with a less restrictive exhaust on the 370z it should be able to reach that speed. not to mention it has more aggressive gearing and a higher redline with the mines VX ROM. i doubt it will be 3hp. it will most likely be a 10-20hp peak gain with much larger gains throughout the power band.
Supergoji is offline   Reply With Quote