View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 12:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
JayTau
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Nissan 370z
JayTau is on a distinguished road
Cool Help in a unique situation for tire choices.

Awesome to finally be on the forums for my Z.

Some basics about my ride and situation...

2010 370z Touring with Sports package and Navi. 7 speed Auto Black Cherry Color

Current upgrades include - Stillen Ceramic Coated Headers, Stillen Hi Flow Cat, Magnaflow Exhaust, Stillen Gen 3 Long tube dual intakes, Stillen transmission cooler, Stillen oil cooler, Acceleration Booster (Runs in Green Mode), and Osiris tune and dyno testing done by Intense Power in Mesa AZ. Dyno was 345 horsepower to the wheels and 281 on the torque.

I currently have the stock Rays rims and I have 275 widths out front and 305 widths out back. Tires fit perfectly without any spacers, mods, or anything else. No rub whatsoever.

The question or dilemma I am looking for advice on is this. I drive all over the state of Arizona for work. The Z is my daily driver. In the last 2 months of my new gig I have logged like 4k miles. I went with Hankook Ventus V12's all around. I read about the low noise and excellent tread wear which for my situation made sense. However, truth be told I am not happy with the grip on this tire at all. Maybe I am asking too much but I really expect outstanding handling from this setup and I am not getting it. The stock Potenza's had more grip than these. I am going to change them out in the next few months but I have been considering the RE11's and the Nitto Invo's as new options. I want your feedback on what you think would be a solid tire setup knowing that I want mad grip but need excellent (LONG) tread life. If I am asking too much then u can say that. Lol. Keep in mind I am in Phoenix so temperatures are high for six months of the year. The other portion of the year its cooler but still fairly dry. Thanks folks for sharing ur wisdom and advice in advance.

FYI - I don't do any track events. Don't have time.
JayTau is offline   Reply With Quote