View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 09:07 PM   #67 (permalink)
blackcherry20
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: ‘17 badazz Z51
blackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond reputeblackcherry20 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Girl 12 View Post
I was embarrassed to even state how I could not shift smoothly in the Z when I first got it. So glad to find out it wasn't me. I was so frustrated the first 3 months, I thought it was because its not my DD. Every time I would get it in it was like learning to shift all over again. I began to doubt if I would ever learn the gearing. I was most frustrated with 1st being so short, I still don't get that. But I have owned 5 manual tranny's and couldn't believe how difficult it was to get 1st to 2nd smoothly. Finally after 6 months things are alot smoother but I still clunk 1st-2nd every now and then. Slow and easy, slow and easy!
Revs up from 1st to 2nd helps...had same prob as you and too embarassed to admit it! Lol somebody on here suggested the rev ups and the dif was amazing. Shifting now is a breeze.