View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 04:42 PM   #28 (permalink)
HKYStormFront
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 Frontier SE 6spd
HKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to HKYStormFront

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0rM View Post
That would certainly be a first for Nissan. I don't know of any time they updated a model one year and then redesigned it the next.
well... with the 350z, they revised the front and rear fascias in 06 (along with a slight power bump), then introduced the HR engine the following year for two years before switching to the 370z. so they revised the front end and wheels this year. next year they may introduce an engine improvement of some kind and let it run for a 1-1.5 years then introduce the next generation Z35. here's hoping

i highly doubt they are going forced induction in the Z34. i still don't think they will ever make a turbocharged Z again but i guess it could be possible in the next generation depending on their performance and economy targets. i did read in that article mike posted recently that nissan's goal is to reduce the size slightly (overall) and lower the weight as much as possible. i'd bet they'd be in the 3000lb range if not a little below for the next one. that can make a huge difference in the performance and feel of it.