View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 02:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
Looks like a homebrew solution to keep a small amount of fuel near the pickup when the tank tries to starve it.
close. i wouldnt touch that setup with a 10 foot pole but i can tell what they are doing. that photo is on the drivers side of the tank, opposite from where the main fuel pump resides. They have a canister secured poorly with stainless wire, using a couple check valves that will (in theory) allow fuel in the canister but not out, and a fuel pump pickup for an additional pump that is transfering fuel to the passenger side (main fuel pump).

this solution will not last, as their transfer pump is going to be running very dry most the time, especially if used for any street driving where once below a half tank, the driver side is completely empty (thanks to the factory transfer siphon) unless you slosh it over on a right hander. sure you could put this pump on a toggle switch and only use it when on the track... but this is not the type of solution that any professional business would market as a product, its an unreliable bandaid.

"solutions" like this are exactly why i needed to make something.

Last edited by phunk; 08-22-2012 at 02:27 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote