View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 07:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
joshs09slvrZ
Track Member

Drives: 09 7AT 370Z
joshs09slvrZ will become famous soon enoughjoshs09slvrZ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshirecat View Post
I've used this product for quite a while.

Pros:
- serious shine, truly looks like a like a wet gel has been applied to the tires
- lasts a decent amount of time (week+ of daily driving)
- applicator that it comes with works well
- decent price

Cons:
- picks up a ton of debris. keep this in mind if you're going to a meet or show on grass (freshly cut grass is the worst). highway dirt will also build up
- Hard to get off the tire once a couple of applications have built up- you will need to use a strong detergent to break it down. Dryer sheets work well for this, believe it or not
- you will get wheel sling on your body panels with lower offset (aggressive fitment) wheels. The amount varies depending on how liberal you are in the application of product. I've found that no amount of "drying time" will get rid of the sling 100%. the sling will come off of your panels with some elbow grease- it's not difficult, just a pain.

Verdict:

I think it's an excellent "show" tire dressing. Just understand that it can, and will, get dirt, etc, embedded in the gel and that removing the dirty gel to get a "fresh coat" can be time consuming. The sling is the biggest issue but this can be combated by making sure you don't use "too much" product, however I've never had it go away completely. After the first time driving it and having the sling go everywhere, you should be ok as far as nothing additional getting on the panels.

Overall, I think it's a good product, but I figured people would benefit from my experiences with it.
This is a fantastic review and thanks for the heads up on picking up debris! I haven't seen the sling issue yet...but on my wife's Rogue...the tires are set in more in the wheel wells so any sling is caught up inside. The real test will be when I apply it to my tires on Friday and then drive over to Orlando same day. I'm lowered and with spacers...so any sling that could happen...will be noticeable on my door panels, etc.

I'll keep everyone posted!
Stillen Gen3 CAI|Berk HFC and CBE|UpRev|15mm H&R front spacers|20mm Ichiba rear spacers|Stillen front and rear sway bars|Yokohama S. Drives|Swift springs|JDM Blinking Fog|8000k HIDs|9% window tinting, 47% on full windshield
joshs09slvrZ is offline   Reply With Quote