View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 07:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
IDZRVIT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '13 CTS-V, '76 Vette
IDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubetit View Post
It's true that the seats aren't air conditioned in a sense that the air is not coming from the compressor, condenser and blower unit... BUT it is NOT just circulated ambient temperature air either. The seat back and seat cushion actually contain a thermal electric device.

From the repair manual:

SEAT CUSHION AND SEATBACK TEMPERATURE ADJUSTMENT FUNCTION
• One thermal electric device (TED) unit is installed in each seat cushion and seatback. The device heats or cools, sends airflow to the seat surface, and adjusts the seat temperature.
• The thermal electric device (TED) is a heat exchanger that has a function to heat or cool the airflow from the seat cushion blower motor and seatback blower motor. (By changing the direction of the current from the
power supply, the device takes or gives heat, and adjusts exchange process depending on voltage.
I stand corrected. However, the heater function works far better than the cooling function which feels like ambient air. But that's just my opinion. Does anyone actually get a really good cooled air flow? I don't.
IDZRVIT is offline   Reply With Quote