View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 06:32 PM   #43 (permalink)
lachap55
Base Member

Drives: 2010 plt spt roadstr
lachap55 is on a distinguished road
Default Oil temperature question

Nissan knew of this condition thus the limp mode. I don't track my car but I have been reading that track users in these cars do produce those temperatures. So when tracker complain about a few laps around the track and limp mode kicks in, I can understand Nissan's responds of," add a mode for cooling your oil", even though this car is advertised as a "sport car". But us cool drivers are finding out that just light spirited driving and driving in hot climates or stuck in traffic pushes the car into high temperatures like 280 degrees. Now to my question; how hot is hot? My car temperature is normally around 180-220. But with spirited driven or stuck in traffic on a hot day has reach up to 260. My point is even going into limp mode stuck in traffic will not reduce the oil temperature. Are these high temperature going to cause damage within the engine at some point. Don't you think Nissan's owes us an oil cooler? Shoud our investment have to break down before we think about joining in to get nissan to correct this matter. We might need a lawyer.
lachap55 is offline   Reply With Quote