View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 03:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
lacarnut
Base Member

Drives: 2011 Infiniti G37-
lacarnut is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naenyn View Post
You guys are awesome... thanks for all the advice! I'll have to keep posting about my purchasing experience. See what you guys think. =]
The one I just ordered makes my 3rd Z. Bought 2 off the internet and went out of state to get both. Autotrader and Cars.com are two good sites. The Infiniti G37 I am driving now was purchased by contacting USAA. If you have a realitive or friend who has been in the service, have them get a price for the car you want. The dealer will contact you with the same price USAA quoted you and it will save you thousands. There are other buying sevices other than credit unions but most are not worth fooling with. I always try to deal with the sales manager or the general manager. Internet contacts are just order takers. Salesman who have been working at a dealership less than a year or two are worthless also.

Good luck finding the NISMO. Another tip is to find the dealers cost and deal from that figure up rather than the MSRP. Extended warranties are worthless also. I had two Z's for 6 years and never would have collected a dime on an extended warranty.

Looks like you want a car in a specific color that has a limited edition. Might have to order it since this model is new to the market. I would say $1,000 over dealer's cost or less would be fair. The dealer will also make around another thousand bucks on the mfg to dealer's 2 to 3 per cent hold back. Between $43k and $44k is what you should pay for Nismo.

If you decide to order, ask to see the sales manager or the GM. It will take a couple of months and they will probably require a deposit of one or two thousand bucks. Don't mess with a salesman. All that will do is p!ss you off. You also want to see a build order and the dealer's cost.

Last edited by lacarnut; 08-20-2012 at 03:57 AM.
lacarnut is offline   Reply With Quote