View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 03:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
bezzita
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z 6MT RED
bezzita is on a distinguished road
Cool FI 12" Exhaust - Stillen G3 Intakes - Stillen UD Pulley - GAINED 28kw or 37HP

I received all of these parts early this week…! I couldn’t wait to install them…, called couple of shops but most of them very busy only can do it next week or two. One of my friends recommended this shop in Heidelberg West, they’ve got dyno and can install these 3 parts on Friday for me. I couldn’t be happier and made an appointment.

Stuffed FI exhaust, stillen intakes n pulley and KW V3 coilover in to the car…, to my surprise.., believed me...they can fit.

I dropped off my car there early Friday morning and I went straight to work and I came back in the afternoon just before they do the dyno after the install. They dyno-ed the car in the morning (stock conditions and my car only done y 1400km or about 870miles) and then another runs in the afternoons right after the installations.

They did 2 dyno runs in the morning, the highest was 179kW or about 240HP @ rear wheels. After these 3 mods installed they did 2 dyno runs again in the afternoon, he highest was 207kW or about 277HP. I only managed to video the 2nd dyno run (forgot to record the 1st one) with my crappy pocket camera.

Btw, here pics of the car couple of days after I picked up the car:

Here couple of photos of the exhaust and intakes installed:

Getting ready for the afternoon dyno run right after the mods installed:

Dyno sheet before and after:

Video of the dyno run2 after mods installed, I forgot to record the 1st run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ensmYjxmt-g
Pls ignore the Torque figure.., they guy said they have not calibrate it yet.

SO the results : 28kW or 37HP gained @ rear wheels!!!

As my butt-dyno go …, I can definitely feel the power gain…, the car tires even can chirp at 3rd gear shift now, it rev tad faster because of the pulley and the exhaust sound is VERY mean at high RPM …. you have to hear in real time to believe how really good this exhaust sound. I couldn’t stop downshift to be able to hear the syn-rev all the time

Anyone in Melbourne wanted to hear and ride in my car… definitely welcomed!!!

Coming next week: Fast Intentions HFC, KW V3 coilover installation and reverse camera
bezzita is offline   Reply With Quote