View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #25 (permalink)
jcosta79
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
jcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbrenne View Post
which is the best out there. Money is unlimited for this. I past a corvette the other day and it sounded amazing; the earth was shaking as i stood there..lol
I don't mean to sound like a hater (I've owned 2 350 Z's as well as a C6 Corvette) but your Z will never sound like a Corvette.

Don't focus on loud. The Vette you heard likely had a big lumpy cam in it if the ground was indeed shaking and it sounded good. No exhaust (or lack thereof) is going to equal the sound made by a large displacement V8. A big cam in those cars makes a huge difference in the sound of the car.

In the Z cars you are probably not going to change out your cams (it's a simple and cheap job with the Vettes, not so much with the Z's) so choose your exhaust mods carefully.

Take your time, talk with and HEED THE ADVICE of a good shop. Don't just read random posts on the internet about what other people think is a good sounding exhaust. Listen for yourself and in person if at all possible. Otherwise you are going to have something that's loud, drones like heck, and doesn't sound very good.
jcosta79 is offline   Reply With Quote