View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
coltrain
Base Member

Drives: Prospective buyer
coltrain is on a distinguished road
Default First 370Z test drive ... Mixed Emotions!

I've lusted over the 350Z when it was first released ... and now the 370Z is on my list of "must haves" for my next car purchase.

Long story short ... It's been one of my favorite cars for years now. After trolling the forum and refreshing New Posts for a while now ... I finally got the opportunity to test drive and explore the 370Z in person ... and I've been left with mixed emotions.

I hoped into a 2012 Sport 6MT. Initially, the car fits me very well. I'm 6'5" 270lbs ... and this car fit like a glove. My left shoulder has about 1/2" of room under the highest position on the B-pillar seat belt arm. I've always excused the 350Z for not having the best interior quality, and from photos I've seen ... the 370Z seems to step up the level of refinement. In person (and just getting out of my GTI), the 370Z interior quality is livable.

So I start up the car ... while idling I'm poking around the interior ... checking things out before the engine warms up. The shifter stalk shakes a little bit and I could feel the large engine through the steering wheel ... Japanese Muscle Such a different feeling compared to the 2.0T in the GTI. My dealership co-pilot only allowed me to take the car around 1 large square block. Hardly enough time to explore the car on the road. I pushed the car to 6k RPM's a couple times and then we were back at the dealership. During the drive, I kept waiting for the power to kick in. Super sharp design and aggressive styling ... but the whole car felt kind of fat and sluggish. Made a lot of noise but didn't MOVE like I had anticipated. Almost like the car is covering up for something ... super mixed emotions on this

Questions to the owners :

1.) First time you drove a 370Z ... How did it feel? Fall in love right away?

2.) What car did you own before the 370Z?

3.) Do I just need more time driving the 370Z? Or, if I didn't get that tingling sensation right away, should I just move on?

Any information from you guys would help ... because the 370Z is such an awesome car and I've wanted one for so long! The test drive was way too fast ... I don't know ... I'm so confused
coltrain is offline   Reply With Quote