View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 03:56 PM   #169 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
The Wright brothers went from flying kites to the first manned, powered plane within 3 years. Unless Phunk is going to make the Z hover in the next 6 months, he's behind their schedule. We're talking about sucking all the liquid out of a container for God's sake.
well get to it buddy, fix it. its just a container of fuel, surely you are capable of building a device to manage the 19 gallons of fuel inside a container.

i will do this product how i see fit. the only mistake i have made is to project dates with extreme innaccuracy. i have not taken anyones money, i have not shipped nonfunctional product, and i have not screwed anyone over.

i have simply taken a long time to release my product... mostly due to situations out of my control.

As for those of you pointing back to 2.5 years ago or whatever... guess what.. YA i had one done then. You want to see it? Because I have 4-5 or so different models we went prototyped and considered for production. I was not making that up. if we were going to make it how we prototyped it when I said that 2.5 years ago, it would have been done a long long time ago. But it has evolved into an entirely different product from what it ever was. I got excited about it, and I had to mention it. But then I thought of something better. Oops.

NOBODY is stopping you from doing this on your own. it is NOT my fault that you or any other shop is seemingly hopeless at resolving the fuel starvation issue without me. I have, on multiple occasions, offered my assitence to anyone who wants to move forward with using universal surge can products for their 370z.

WHY hasnt anyone done it? Because they are not confident in themselves and they want a full, done, tested, proven, professional product. They dont want to build their own rig and have it create new problems. They dont want some shop that doesnt understand the task to tinker around with their car and still have the same problems. and that is also why I have to make sure that everything is as good as we can think of making it from very start... because there is always room for trouble or having to make fixes, etc if situations arrise that didnt in testing. So the last thing I need to do is ship it out already knowing its lacking something.

Lets just get real here, and quit hating me over this. Honestly.. the mistake I have made was even telling you guys about it before it was ready for sale. Sorry, I shouldnt have done that. Sometimes its just nice when you are working on a PITA design, to get some encouragement. I didnt realize I was signing up for a shitstorm if I didnt get it done quickly.

I do not enjoy you guys beating the **** out of me over this. I am not intentionally holding out on you. You do not understand the environment this has been created in to know that it is NOT setup for this type of stuff. That is why I am making the required changes for next time. What do you want me to say? I have a 99% completed product here... you want me to just ship it to you right now? You think you can figure it out from here? Fine! Honestly doesnt bother me one bit if you want to finish yours up.

Last edited by phunk; 08-17-2012 at 04:01 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote