View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 05:16 PM   #58 (permalink)
Super Tanooki
Base Member

Drives: 370Z MT Base/Spt Red
Super Tanooki is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footloose301 View Post
Exactly. I think Toyota slipped him a few bills or a free FR-S or something here. He completed bashed the Z. I'm sure the FR-S is a great car, but its not comparison to the Z and thats what Toyota was after. Its completely biased.
I speak from experience when I say there's nothing more frustrating than when swarms of people who don't agree with one of your reviews justify their opposing opinions by accusing you of being bias or, even more annoying, paid. I've had this said about me so many times, and it's simply never been true. I wish it were true. I need the cash.

I wouldn't say Harris is bias, and I certainly wouldn't undermine his journalistic integrity by suggesting his review was paid for, but as I said, I do feel like this particular review set out to champion the FR-S at the expense of the Z. Like he said, he's had loads of people say "but you can buy a *insert faster used car* for the same price" - an argument which has probably wound him up so much that he specifically made this feature to counter that argument.

No biggie though - still a great review, and I hope for more comparison reviews like this in future.