View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
Sales@AAMComp
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: GT-R
Sales@AAMComp is a name known to allSales@AAMComp is a name known to allSales@AAMComp is a name known to allSales@AAMComp is a name known to allSales@AAMComp is a name known to allSales@AAMComp is a name known to all

edubs,

I agree our short tails are overpriced for the actual materials that is involved and you're right it doesn't seem like you are getting much for what you pay for. When people try to haggle me and ask me why it costs this much well this is my answer. I 100% fully encourage everyone to go to a local shop to do the same thing. Our short tails are sold ready to be bolted on and pipes are mandrel bent. Most exhaust shops will crush bent pipes, may or may not fit properly, then you have to pick out the proper looking tips. So in the end fine you might save more money or you can go our route, guaranteed bolt on and fitment

and that $500 catback.. umm that looks extremely weary, but to each their own,

I've actually had a few people asking us to make separate y-pipes for the short tails. We never looked into this because essentially it then becomes a straight pipe set up with little to no sound control. I wouldn't be surprise if there are drone/rasp issues. In all fairness, if you are going to give feedback on how our short tails sound, you should probably include you had an upgraded Y and test pipes

Tyler Day, Technical Sales
TylerD@aamcompetition.com
301-497-9214 Direct
AAM Competition | YouTube channel | LIKE us on Facebook!

Last edited by Sales@AAMComp; 08-16-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Sales@AAMComp is offline   Reply With Quote