View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 08:18 AM   #53 (permalink)
ANMVQ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Q50 AWD
ANMVQ will become famous soon enoughANMVQ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM@GTM View Post
Even if our kit was CARB approved, I still would not be able to offer you what you are looking for. The minute you buy any CARB approved kit and you make any changes to it whatsoever (Custom tune, different pulley, etc.) that approval is void along with the warranty. In order for you to keep the CARB approved status and warranty, you cannot mod the kit. From your previous post in another thread, you are already talking about modding the kit so your point is moot.

I'm not really sure what the regulations are in New York, but if the regulations are like a lot of other states that only check the OBD II or even a sniffer test, then our kit will pass with flying colors. Even in California, they are talking about new regulations that will be testing cars through OBD II only and doing away with the sniffer test altogether.

The bottom line is that you can either buy a kit that makes 500whp out of the box, or buy a different kit that you have to mod further to maybe (and that's a big maybe) make 500whp.

Sam

Agreed with Sam on this, Again the GTM kit or Stillen kit should pass the inspecting Sniffer test as long and as long as you have you cats you should be fine( ALL THO there was a goofy thread here that said it you have tune you would FAIL).. GTM's kits are proven OTB to make high 4'-500WHP, An again I almost went this way but the "Dealer offered my Factory warranty stay- if they installed it and I used Stillen's kit- The dealer is a Vendor for them). Yes I have this in Writing- But to stay on topic, GTM and Sam's kit's are proven 500WHP kits, Mine will be a UM lets see. But this something I did to be differnt and really wanted the Factory warranty,- Especially casue I have a 2011 and when this started it was under 9k miles.

But if I had the choice , I proably would have went GTM- But the had no X kit whem I went FI also..