View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 08:10 AM   #52 (permalink)
ANMVQ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Q50 AWD
ANMVQ will become famous soon enoughANMVQ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM@GTM View Post
I'm not following your ricer math, but I commend you for trying.

You definitely have an uphill battle, but if you don't try you'll never know and I'll give you credit for that.

My biggest concern will be how will you tune the car properly if you're never able to tell what kind of air intake temperature your engine is ingesting. You would be better off going back to the stock intake manifold and running a blow through MAF setup after an air to air intercooler. That way, you won't max out your MAF's and your ecu will know what the hell is going on. Even when Vortech designed their supercharger kit for the 350Z, they were smart enough back then to do it right and use a blow through MAF setup along with an air to air intercooler.

Sam

No problem Sam, I knew you would get a kick out of that! LOL.

I upgraded the MAF's with the UPREV ones so I'm not worried about maxing them out. Al tho I do kinda agree with the moving the MAF's after, I was tossing this around( having pipes made for the Stillen intake) but decided for now to stay with the Stillen design.

The thing that is really hindering me is there is "NO ONE" around here that could make the pipes- Heck I had to send my intake to FL and S&R for them to trace it.. IF I had a local place that did the custom work , I would drop the car with them for one day or so to make the pipes and move the MAF's. But having to send things out to far away places is not comfortable for me. I have to call and fell like I'm bugging guys when the place is not local for me.