View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 06:54 AM   #24 (permalink)
Footloose301
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
Footloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Tanooki View Post
I think Chris Harris is an excellent reviewer. I watch all of his stuff. I agree though - he seems so blindly absorbed by the FR-S hype-train at the moment that he almost comes across as a gloating fanboy in this particular review. He makes some rather large and fundamental criticisms of the FR-S (technically overpriced, "slow", cheap interior, crap engine note, "not for someone who wants performance"), while making fairly trivial complaints on the Z (steering position, rubbery shifter feel) and yet he dresses the review up in a way that makes the FR-S seem incredible and the Z seem like garbage.

Speaking as a professional reviewer myself (I review video games for a living), I admit that it can be easy to get caught up in the moment and overly praise/bash something because you were in the spirit. I've done it. And I think Harris is doing it here. I love my Z - some niggling issues I've had to fix with some simple mods, but I smile every time I hit that gas pedal - and I don't have to be going sideways out of a corner to have fun. I drove an FR-S
Exactly. I think Toyota slipped him a few bills or a free FR-S or something here. He completed bashed the Z. I'm sure the FR-S is a great car, but its not comparison to the Z and thats what Toyota was after. Its completely biased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbaby View Post
If you drive the cars in reverse order the review would be very different!

somewhat bias
Yes, I agree. If he would have driven the Z and then the FR-S he would have complained about how sluggish the car is and how cheap the interior felt.