View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #49 (permalink)
SAM@GTM
NOT AN ACTIVE SPONSOR. DO NOT BUY

Drives: 370Z
SAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to beholdSAM@GTM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANMVQ View Post
Funny cause I was waiting for same also, But what dyno do they use? Dynojet? So my 412 would have been more like 450ish WHP and 330's WTRQ.

Also let say?? 1 psi will get you approx 6.8% extra hp over a naturally aspirated setup (again, theoretical).

330HP VQ ( 6.8 %) is 22.4*9 PSI =201.96 HP over stock- 531HP so 412-430 Dyno depending and some other Var's WHP. So adding 4 PSI( 13 PSI) to my set up should net me 621HP /20% drive loss Should be 497 WHP , (again, theoretical).
I'm not following your ricer math, but I commend you for trying.

You definitely have an uphill battle, but if you don't try you'll never know and I'll give you credit for that.

My biggest concern will be how will you tune the car properly if you're never able to tell what kind of air intake temperature your engine is ingesting. You would be better off going back to the stock intake manifold and running a blow through MAF setup after an air to air intercooler. That way, you won't max out your MAF's and your ecu will know what the hell is going on. Even when Vortech designed their supercharger kit for the 350Z, they were smart enough back then to do it right and use a blow through MAF setup along with an air to air intercooler.

Sam
SAM@GTM is offline   Reply With Quote