View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 01:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
frost
Retired admin

Drives: Your Wife Crazy
frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetJoeAsian View Post
yup...if you're buying to INVEST, then you're looking at the totally wrong thing to invest in...you don't invest in cars...they depreciate...most people kinda sounded iffy when I told them I got a blue...but once they saw it, they all changed their minds...for me, black is too common, just like silver is...blue is a rare color, just like the 370Z is...low production car, and on top of that a low production color...it's a win-win situation if you're talking "investment"..
I think there is a difference between buying a car for an investment and buying a color that will be easier to sell later. Here is a clip from an online article:

"Paint color can be a huge deal when it comes to purchasing a car, repainting a car as well as re-selling a car. When I was looking around to buy my first car back in 2007, I noticed that there was a significant price difference between two vehicles that had the same specs. When I asked the salesman why there was such a price difference when all of the options were pretty much the same, do you know that he actually told me it was because the paint color was different on one car versus the other? It turns out that a silver car is more expensive than a white one.

Paint color isn't the only color option that people look at when it comes to buying a car. Rather, people are also looking at things such as interior color, etc. However, the exterior paint color is a huge deal because the more popular the color, the easier the car will sell. Don't believe me? Have you ever seen someone driving around in a brown colored car (or just imagine some awful color in your mind) and wondered why on earth someone would buy a car in that particular color? What about a color car that was so bright it hurt your eyes to look at it?"
frost is offline   Reply With Quote