View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 12:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolest370Z View Post
I'm just wondering if the new 2010 370Z, which is basically a carryover with new colors coming and going, will have some of the bugs fixed from '09. Such bugs like the loud noise at high speeds, which is being called an ECU problem. Or the minor issues with brakes/rotors warping prematurely, seats bubbling, etc...?

I sure hope so. Because I'm going to order a 2010 Monterey Blue 370Z Base with Sport Package and I hope, like most second year models after a new model comes out, has all the bugs fixed!
Its funny how one (or a few) person has an issue with something and it becomes a "bug". Rotors warping? I ran my car HARD at the track and we cooked our dinner from the radiant heat from the rotors and they are just fine. Loud noise at high speed - oh yea from my exhaust. Its a sports car for crying out loud. Some have had whining issues (take that as you will) at idle, etc but it seems to be a very very small number. The only issues I've had is a flaw in the cap on the steering wheel - Nissan just called and said the whole air bag assembly was in - I guess the cap is part of the whole air bag so they are going to replace it because of a very minor molding flaw that I didn't notice the first month I had the car. The other issue was the rear hatch opening - some people have it were you need to push the button twice to get the hatch to pop. Fix it with a few pennies or I had Nissan order in the longer springs as a warranty fix.

The main thing to note here is that there are NO TSBs for this car yet. To me that's saying a lot for a first year car! I think computer design, etc helps work a LOT of the bugs out before the car is even mocked up.

The only advantage you are going to see is the heated side mirrors...