View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhenderson View Post
Yes, it's small. I'm by far the youngest member. They're more into classics than the newer cars. Modding is not something they'd be interested in.

Isn't a heat gun quicker/safer? Our Service guy doesn't want to give it to me for 2 weekends in a row but I can buy one for like $15.00 so it's not a big deal. I'd be willing to invest in a heat gun - I'm sure I'll need it again in the future.
Actually the opposite. The oven method is much quicker and safer for the headlights. The oven allows you to heat the whole headlight at once vs doing it one small spot at a time. Also you can control the temperature better and are less likely to spot burn or melt the lens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhenderson View Post
What's "FFX"? Fairfax?
Yes.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote