View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 08:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Exodus5
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z MB auto
Exodus5 is on a distinguished road
Default Exhaust damaged in wreck...looking for options

So my 370z was rear-ended last Friday and I dropped it off at the body shop yesterday to be repaired by the other guy's insurance. The muffler is being replaced, but so far they think the midpipe is good. I'm hoping they realize the mid pipe is bent. It looks like the passenger side is lower than the driver's side and, from looking at a few other Z's that are in my parking lot at work, that doesn't look normal.
I have been wanting an exhaust, but I was waiting until the car was older and maybe even out of warranty to make changes. Now I have to either have the body shop install the same OEM exhaust, or buy my own and have them mount it. Since the mid pipe is staying, I was investigating just doing an axle-back. I searched but haven't found any that were made to attach to the stock mid-pipes. Do they exist?
I don't care about HP increases. I really want my Z to just sound better. I don't really care for the stock exhaust sound. Is there an axle-back system that could do this, or should I just buy a cat-back? If I buy a cat-back, I have to keep the price under $1000. My search turned up Agency Power/Invidia/Megan Racing and that's about it. Am I overlooking one?
Any help would be appreciated.
Exodus5 is offline   Reply With Quote