Thread: More Sidewayz!
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #95 (permalink)
VDC_OFF
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370Z M6
VDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to beholdVDC_OFF is a splendid one to behold

This weekend I installed these Hotchkis sway bars. Installation was a bit rough in the rear since I had to remove the exhaust y-pipe which still wasnt enough to get the sway out. I then tried to take out the bolt to let camber arms loose so I could twist the bar on its side but still wasnt enough room. So last I took out those frame support bars and that did the trick. I think if you just take this out first you dont have to remove the camber links and screw up your camber settings but I wasnt sure how hard it would be to take them off so i avoided them.

Here are the new bars:

This is the Y-Pipe you have to completely remove and the support bar you can just take off the end and side pieces to let it hang:

Once you get it out you can see the slight difference and the 3 holes for adjusting, I set it on the stiffest cause thats how your mom likes it!

The fronts were much easier just having remove 6 bolts for the front diffuser, then the sway bar and the difference is much greater.

Took about 5 hours for the complete installation using air tools and wrenches. How do they feel? Since I set the rears to the stiffest setting and feel a BIG difference in the front and rear. I have Tanabe 9k springs and I thought the car was stiff with those but now it feels even stiffer. I feel every bump in the road, even road lines make noise when I cross them. The steering is so sensitive now, any bump or dip in the roll actually slightly pulls the car in that direction so I feel like Im all over the road now lol. Definitely need to drive with both hands with these. On fast turns I feel the car is planted and I don't get much tire squeal as if the roll before was putting too much stress on two outside wheels. I believe these are going to make a big difference drifting as I will test out this weekend!
VDC_OFF is offline   Reply With Quote