View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 08:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
chuckhumprey
Base Member

Drives: 07 Nissan 350Z MB
chuckhumprey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elric View Post
Hi everyone. First time making a thread and not sure if its the right place. Mod feel free to move if not.

My black 09's front bumper got about two square foot of damaged area under the passenger headlight. slow speed in a parking lot and my fault
mostly clear coat damage. few deep lines went into the paint i think. But one screw inside the bumper poked a coin sized bump towards the outside which i can feel with hand. paint cracked around the bump.
I tried to take pitures but doesnt show well.

What should I do to my bumper? can it be fixed?
or the bumper need to be replaced?
And how much repair money should i expect it? should i use insurance's money?
I have never got any marks on my car before so i need your inputs!

Thanks in advance
Elric

P.S. toyota vans are indestructible...no damage to it at all .not even the paint...
I owned a 99z but have already dispatched it because of several issues though I still miss it. I had a damaged bumper as well but quite light damaged as yours. Several years ago I ended up replacing it crown bumper reinforcement looking aftermarket bumper however in your case you need to spend some penny if you are opting for the OEM ones. Aftermarket is cheaper. And there are bumpers that look very similar if not better than the stock bumper. Give it some thought.
chuckhumprey is offline   Reply With Quote