View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #84 (permalink)
vermithrax
Base Member

Drives: 11 370z/sport silver
vermithrax is on a distinguished road

I installed my box with a JL Audio 10w3v3-2 pushed by the sub channel on a JL xd500/3.

After I got the gains dialed in and everything tuned, it sounds great. Nice deep, tight bass. I wouldn't want any more or less bass overall. It is perfect for me in this sized car. Matches really well with a set of amplified db6501 components.

Only problem I have is securing the box, and still allowing for removal of the spare tire.

As of right now, the box is still unsecured. If I were to use some kind of bolt, into the sidewall of the hatch, through the tie-down location, the spare would be almost impossible to remove unless I modify, the plastic sheet and the foam underneath.

I tried velcro, and it doesn't work. Luckily, the box stays pretty much in the same location and doesn't move around much.

Wicked CAS: Have you guys had any luck getting mounting hardware together yet, or a tutorial and parts list? I know you mentioned that you were still working on it.

If I could just get this box secured, without issues, I would be 100% happy with the product.
vermithrax is offline   Reply With Quote