View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #41 (permalink)
Haboob
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 GTI Autobahn DSG
Haboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond reputeHaboob has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
So I guess I have a few questions I was hoping some of you guys might answer about the repair process:

-Would they just pull the dent(s), sand, fill and paint?

-For the one on the door, would they re-spray the entire door? or just that area? I'm mostly worried about color matching. I'd rather live with the dents than have a door and panel off color.
If it's creased (where the screw driver may have made initial contact) then I think it's a lot more difficult than just pulling the dent. There will definitely be some sanding and repainting (the entire door, so you don't have one spot on the door with newer paint than the rest).

This is just from experience with my current car and body shops.

I'm not sure if they'd bondo that portion (probably not) though. I'm no body repair expert, but they have always told me that creases are very difficult to just "fix".
Haboob is offline   Reply With Quote