View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 08:33 AM   #39 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubetit View Post
Probably a kid with a BB gun. The damage looks familiar to a car I did the paint correction on. The PDR guy came and got them out (though but they didn't crack the paint)
After looking at it more, I actually think it was a flathead screwdriver. You can feel a flat spot and it's consistent to how the paint was damaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoBoy View Post
paintless dent repair is usually 30-45$ a dent. a shop could touch up any paint chips for less than 50$.
I already went to a Paintless Dent Repair shop. The guy was asking for $150 if he could fix it. He gave it a try, but the dent was too knotted and wouldn't pop out without damaging the rest of the panel. It does look a little bit better though...and he didn't charge me anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShow View Post
I can recommend you a shop in Suffolk county. It's called Perfect 10 in Farmingdale, had work done numerous times by him and sent my family and friends to him and his work is meticulous. He can do anything and fix or customize anything from a Ferrari to a Nissan. Great guy and awesome work.
Thanks. I'm not sure which direction I want to go with yet, but I'll be sure to keep that in mind. The one on the door is the one I'm trying to figure out. I'm just concerned about the paint matching and the actual process. The fender is a bit easier since I can just replace it with a new one if need be.

So I guess I have a few questions I was hoping some of you guys might answer about the repair process:

-Would they just pull the dent(s), sand, fill and paint?

-For the one on the door, would they re-spray the entire door? or just that area? I'm mostly worried about color matching. I'd rather live with the dents than have a door and panel off color.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote