View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 03:25 PM   #4548 (permalink)
Red370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: your mom to church
Red370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond repute

So, a few things i'll take from watching the match today:

Cazorla is the new orchestrator. There is no doubt in my mind that this guy is going to make us a better team, period. I didnt count how many touches he got today, but he was 100%, I shit you not, on his passes. He did not dispossess the ball once, he assisted from the corner, and set up Gibbs on Poldi's rocket shot. I'm completely sold on this guy.

Next, Poldi, he looks like he's going to be one hell of an addition, his passing and finishing ability truly shone today, granted yes, this is a second division Bundesliga team, he was class out there today. It was really awesome how they paid tribute to him after the match in front of his home crowd, i'll add some pics of it here in a sec.

Giroud for me today, didnt have the best game. He was shoved off the ball pretty easy and had a few heavy touches that allowed Cologne to counter, se ne pas bon. Now, 45 minutes isnt really enough to tell how great a player is going to be, but it was enough to see the quality in Poldi and Caz. I truly hope he adapts to life in England.

Gervi was balls out today, and his goal was absolute class. He was making runs, playing great passes and buzzing about causing a nuisance wherever he could. Hope he keeps this form up.

Lastly, RvP.... I dont really know what to say. Even the germans agreed with me today, he looks a man bereft of confidence, played like his heart wasnt in it today, dispossessing, playing bad passes, passing up scoring opportunities to play the ball off to an opposing player... It was really sad for me. I had built this guy into a hero in my own head, and to see what happened today, it really disappointed me. The Arsenal fans werent any help, they booed him every time he got a touch, and it pissed me off. He's still an Arsenal player, way to show your class Arsenal fans. Anywho, i'm going to post some pics here, enjoy.