Thread: No Brakes
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 12:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZ View Post
Before we took the lines off we bled the system dry cause i was switching the lines and fluid. The master cylinder went empty.
Oh oh, that is a really bad idea on an ABS equipped car. Never ever bleed the system dry as it allows air into parts of the system that you can't control like the ABS pump. Instead you should plug lines so that they retain fluid and keep air out.

Check for any leaks in the line fittings, if you don't find anything then it will have to be towed to a dealer so they can activate bleed mode on the ABS controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZ View Post
I only have one bleeder valve because i have the non sport brakes. Or are there 2 on the non sport as well?
No, there is only one per caliper on the base brakes.