View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 11:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
frost
Retired admin

Drives: Your Wife Crazy
frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minsu View Post
Im young 21. So i wouldnt say im oblivious to finance.
Now when buying a car im guessing you can either use ur own financing (no idea what that means) or use the dealers finance.
Now i dont have credit, no credit card for me as of yet never applied for one because if you get rejected you lose credit score?
Now if i give them 8-10k down on a new z 2012 (not 2013) and say i want to finance what would they say seeing that i have no credit?
Im at a loss, i thought i had a good handle on this but after some reading i got confused big time.
I really dont wanna regret buying a Z you kno? wanna buy and drive it to the ground and then rice the **** out of it.
I made alot of post about buying the Z and ill be ready by the end of the month
so i have a month to really learn about this whole financing thing.

Help me out retired car dealers, currently working dealers, and u smart dudes.
How long have you been at your job and what kinda money you make? I financed a car at 18, but I believe I was pushing a 10% interest rate. Not cheap, and I wasn't even trying to buy a 30-40k car. Have you even considered the insurance? I have to imagine it would be a couple hundred.

PS, using your own financing is when you go to a bank yourself, get approved for a loan up to a certain amount, then go to the dealership already approved for a loan. If you have been banking with a bank for a couple years, they may be more likely to give you a better rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooftop View Post
<insert snarky, slightly condescending frost joke>

Last edited by frost; 08-12-2012 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Corrected age
frost is offline   Reply With Quote