Thread: Pc 7424xp, wow!
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25
Default Pc 7424xp, wow!

I broke down and bought a PC 7424XP with McGuiar's pads to touch up the Z's paint. I had previously used a Black&Decker piece'o crap 'buffer' that didn't seem to do anything except make my hand numb. My expectations for the PC7424 were thus, pretty low.

My Z has a clear bra on the front and roof line, and it's looking rather shabby these days from all the autocross and tracking. Any rubber hits to the bra turned into black smudges that washing didn't take care of. Add to that, I started finding a nasty residue on the car presumably from the RainX windshield washer fluid I decided to try out. Couldn't get it off for the life of me. So, PC7424XP purchased through Amazon Prime and arrived two days later.

I got around to trying it out today. What a great tool! Using the McGuiars polishing pad and their Professional Showroom Polish, I put the 7424 to work on the hood, roofline, clear bra and areas with the nasty residue. Smack my a$$ and call me crazy, but it polished all the rubber scuffs off the car including off the bra. I followed the polishing up with a wax application and the car looks like it's new. I'm floored and very pleased. As for concerns for damaging the paint...the 7424 is a breeze to use and doesn't seem 'risky' at all. I found setting 6 (highest) to work best.

If you're considering buying a DA polisher like the PC7424, just do it. You won't be sorry.