Thread: 2013 On Order
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #53 (permalink)
Magic Bus
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 17 6MT M2
Magic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond repute

Update on my 2013Z's. 1 dealer has the car sitting at the dock, 2nd dealer car is expected to arrive in Honolulu week of Sept 9th. Both cars are ordered the same way and here's what I'm getting: Gun Metallic, 6mt w/Sport pkg, floor mats & trunk mat.

I'll disclose pricing now as my deals are firm and this may be of help to other potential buyers. MSRP on my configuration w/shipping is $37,180 (no tax, reg/license/safety check included). Invoice on same is $34,614.

I get it, a dealer is a business and they have to make some profit on a brand new car but I don't want to get raped. Numerous automobile websites state that 5% profit on the invoice price is the bottom that most dealers are willing to accept. So 5% would make their profit $1,730.

Dealer holdback for Nissan is 2.8% on invoice, excluding shipping charge (according to Edmunds) So 2.8% of $34,614 minus $780 for shipping equals $947. The difference is $783. In other words, if I get my car for invoice + $783, the dealer makes a marginal profit and I get a fair deal.

So now, this makes my target price $35,397, keep in mind MSRP on this is $37,180, so I have to negotiate, wheel & deal. I'm happy to announce that the dealer which has the car at the docks is offering it to me for $35,232 and a free oil change (approx $125 less than other dealer). I'll still have to pay 4.712% sales tax on that amount and add $325 for license/reg/safety check (verified on state website). So my total out the door is $37,300.

Very satisfied with the deal and will be driving out to this dealer in about 1 hour to ink this deal and leave deposit. Will pick up the car sometime next week. Yeah
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote