View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #15 (permalink)
phelan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Scoobaroo
phelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond repute

^ noooo....Rainbow Six was good, but not his best. I would pick up "Without Remorse" or "Red Storm Rising", which were much better written novels from Clancy. Without Remorse also allows you to go to Rainbow Six; it's like a prequel of sorts.

Here's a few recommendations from me on what I'm reading:

Heaven's Net is Wide is the prequel to the Tales of the Otori series. It's A Song of Ice and Fire...without magic, and with far fewer characters. Lots of political intrigue, interesting characters, the feudal Japanese system working against a young lord who is the rightful heir to the Otori throne. Really good start to the series, I'm on book two right now.

The Way of Shadows follows an assassin through a small scale fantasy world. This was a VERY interesting read, and goes by quick. The action scenes are well thought out and detailed in their description, the characters are engrossing, etc. I've re-read this twice already.

Don't knock this one until you've tried it I've read the Japanese novel and it's excellent. Helps you study for economics too
I'll just link to the amazon here because others can explain it better than I can: Amazon.com: Spice and Wolf, Vol. 1 (9780759531048): Isuna Hasekura, Ju Ayakura: Books

凛 ('Rin') - 2009 Nissan 370Z
With silence comes peace. With peace comes freedom. With freedom comes silence.
phelan is offline   Reply With Quote