View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
humm... im pretty sure the 370Z is its own platform. it might be still called a FM platform (like all these V6's are "VQ"), but different version of it.
For sure its a shortened version of it... but i'm not quite sure its by general design, different other than being chopped down to accommodate a 2 seater.

On another note though... I been reading on what our competitors are looking into for 2015. Ford is looking into TT-v6's and hi-power fuel efficient v8's. hyundai is looking into supercharging the 3.8v6 and toying with lighter versions of the 5.0 r-spec to cram into a gencoupe. camaro isn't saying anything except they are going to be lighter and faster.
so far it seems like if we do get a turbo? The Z will have a hyped up juke engine. They should be working on a 700hp stock streetable GTR and giving us a lighter version of the GTR motor rated @500hp. that would be enough power to keep em at bay.

The Z is downgrading to battle the BRZ? Seriously??? I don't see either car surviving very long going that route. I am honestly beginning to see the brz-frs clan as a novelty car. Mazda has a niche in its category that will be hard to compete against. Im sure, mazda has some tricks up its sleeve to keep its very successful miata, continuously successful.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote