View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 02:44 PM   #51 (permalink)
bloodo
Base Member

Drives: .
bloodo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
Interesting how people mention the unusual clutch-engagement...the first time I drove a G35 several years ago, it seemed as if I was over-revving the engine on every up-ship while driving aggressively, and for the life of me I could not figure out why. It was as if I was not letting off the throttle while shifting. Shifting prior to redline, say 5500 RPM, in WOT runs would cause the tach to jump well past 7000 RPM and make me seem like a complete n00b.

I then realized the engagement-point was well off most other cars, so I had to adjust my driving accordingly. It takes about two days to get used to any new car to rid yourself of any jerkiness and/or mistake.
Hey, that is exactly what happened when I test drove a G35 awhile back. I haven't really drive a manual after high school (I replaced my manual vehicle with a motorcycle and got an AT car for winter.) and I was thinking to myself "did I really forget how to drive a manual?" It was kind of embarrassing when you have your gf and a hot saleswoman riding along with you.

I drove a G37 afterward and noticed the different.
bloodo is offline   Reply With Quote