View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #34 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfDog View Post
Before I let this thread die, one last observation. A forum member who is clearly better with derivatives than I am had some observations about my gains.

I asked him to compare my Dyno result to others he has Obtained from other modders Here I what he has to say:

-quote-
Here's the closest comparison I can find. The other dynos are in 4th gear, but ambient conditions are similar and the only other difference is your lightweight flywheel and tune.

Long story short, % gains to peak values for the other Z were just over 5% to whp and < 1% to wtq; for you gains of 8% to peak whp and > 6% to peak torque. I think it's safe to assume that those differences (+3% whp; +5% wtq as compared to other Z) are indeed due to the tune and less rotating mass of the flywheel -- nice!
-end quote-

So the question is how much help came from tune, and how much from lighter flywheel. My guess is the much improved wtq it due to flywheel, whp and some small wtq gained from tune.

The world may never know!
I can make a somewhat educated guess -- an even 3% was due to tuning, and the rest was probably due to the flywheel. Assume another 1-2% is just plain old measurement error.

Would definitely like to see more dynos in both 4th and 5th gear from folks with lightened flywheels.